Friday, July 14, 2006

How do you photograph fog?


I had hoped that this would show how foggy it gets here. But all it seems to show is the greenhouse, my unfinished mulching project and my usual disorganized nature. This shot is facing west, and at 6:30 in the evening in the summer you'd think that you'd see a bit of sun in this direction. What I can't seem to effectively capture is the billows of soft, cold fog lazily drifting by. I don't think Elkhorn saw much sun today. The garden beds didn't look like they needed any water. I held my hand to the concrete stones on the walled terrace, and they didn't have any perceivable residual heat. The greenhouse thermometer was showing 60°F and the soil temperatures on the outside beds were only about 72°F and the greenhouse planters were only 76°F.

I'll have more mulch down tomorrow, after the herb class up at UCSC Center for Agroecology. I know that I don't show many wide "establishing shots" Close ups are nice as I'm still composing the garden "picture". But I'll post a few soon. So much of the yard is in flux and remains unplanted, that there's not a lot to see. Have a fun weekend gardening, I hope to post a few more pictures on Monday at least.

No comments: