Monday, August 14, 2006

Robbed

I think I should get a hint when it comes to things like this.

I went to extra effort (asked a friend to bring a flowering apple branch cutting) to pollenize the Pink Pearl apple tree. It took on a single apple, which was growing quite well. I was excited to find out what this apple would be like. I checked on it and watered the tree and fussed and worried.

I looked out my bedroom window this morning, and I couldn't see the lone apple. In disbelief, I went outside to see if it had ripened and dropped off. But to no avail. It's gone. Just like the first tomato in my garden from years before.

I didn't even get a picture. Sigh.....

2 comments:

Christine said...

I'm so sorry for your loss.

As a result my mice invasion I can feel your pain. They got the one and only Beefsteak that fruited from three plants.

I hope we both have better luck next year!

CoastalCAGardener said...

Thanks Christine. I'm having a laugh about it, really. But the Beefsteak robbery is too much! Yes, I hope your luck (and mine) is better next year!

C.C.