Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Garden Dreaming

On such a rainy day.
Trite, but oh well. I can't believe it's the end of the month already. I've been so busy with lots of different things I haven't had any time to blog. But, enough with the excuses and on with at least a short entry.

This month's dream is about my terraced gardens. I live on a hill, another challenge to my gardening. And I have finally gotten Mr. C to create a set of stairs last year from the drive way and down to where I have beds 1 thru 4 and the greenhouse. The garden is on the west side of the house and gets lots of sun, but I would like to use some of the concrete retaining blocks and make some walls and planting areas. The idea is to make some more even areas to walk around on. I find that it's very hard to keep one's footing especially in winter. And I think this would make the area a lot better looking and more accessable (without pitching you onto your butt).

This will open the way to actually having some pathways built.

No comments: