Sunday, May 15, 2011

Garden Blogger's Bloom Day

Here's a happy little ritual I've noticed! Here are the flowers now blooming in my garden.
I'll start with the weeds:

Sorrel (Oxalis) which in some ways is a pretty weed.

 I've been attending a Herbal Medicines seminar and I now have a greater appreciation for thistles (although I'm still likely to take the string trimmer to them).
Common Thistle

Blueberry flowers

Mint Geranium

Calla Lilies
 And these were a surprise:

My friend Ann gave them to me and this is the first time they've bloomed. Her garden is filled with irises at this time of year. She has better luck with them.

2 comments:

Nell Jean said...

I had an iris to bloom for the first time this year, too. Yours are beautiful. I know you are looking forward to blueberries in a few weeks. Happy Bloom Day.

The Sage Butterfly said...

The irises are so colorful and beautiful. I like how you included some of the weeds which were sometimes beautiful and always interesting. Happy GBBD Day!